Parent, Teacher, Student Association
E.O. Green Home of the Hornets
What is PTA? Why join PTSA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
· Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
· Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
· Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
· Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
· Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
· Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
· Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.