Great Grades? Like Making a difference? Join CJSF!
What is CJSF?
CJSF is the California Junior Scholarship Federation, a statewide organization of over 600 chapters, formed to foster high standards of scholarship, service and citizenship on the part of California's public and private junior high and middle schools.
CJSF grooms the student for California Scholarship Foundation membership in high school. Membership also brings the opportunity to participate in activities which benefit the school, the community and the student.
How to Join:
You need the following to join CJSF:
- Your report cards from the two previous grading periods (not progress reports, but trimester final grades)
- 3.5 Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Complete a CJSF Application - see our moderators, Mr. Aguilar, Mr. Frias and Mrs. Gonzalez
- Listen for announcements at the beginning of each trimester
- Check the CJSF page regularly for deadlines, activities, announcements and updates
- Perform your community service hours (minimum of 6 per trimester, but more is encouraged)
- Good conduct - no referrals, no suspensions.
- You must re-apply EACH Trimester! You are not automatically enrolled, and it is your responsibility to obtain the application from moderators and apply!
In What Activities May CJSF Members Participate?
- Group/individual community service activities and hours
- Food Drive
- End of the year reward activity
How Do CJSF Members Benefit? Awards & Recognitions
At the end of 8th Grade, before promotion, students will receive the following:
- 3 trimesters of membership: double honor cord and service pin
- 2 trimesters: single cord and service pin
- 1 trimester: service pin and certificate
These items may be worn with your promotion gown at our Promotion Ceremony.
What happens if a CJSF member receives a referral or suspension?
- A referral or suspension for ANY reason will result in your CJSF membership being revoked for that trimester.
- You must also maintain a 3.5 G.P.A.or above each semester; however, you will be able to apply again the following trimester if your grades drop below a 3.5
- In addition to referrals or suspensions, any student who is otherwise eligible but who, in the judgment of the Advisor and Principal, is not showing exemplary citizenship may have their membership revoked at any time.
Join the fun!!! See Mr. Aguilar, Mr. Frias or Mrs. Gonzales for more information and to receive applications. Watch this page for deadlines, meetings and events!