WHO ARE WE?
Circle of Friends is a school inclusion program for students of all ages that establishes an understanding and acceptance of differences on school campuses nationwide. Currently at Sunkist, our Circle of Friends consists of twenty one 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students and 4 advisors.
Our mission is to promote inclusion for students living with adversity. We empower all students to appreciate differences, build genuine friendships, and stand up to bullying to achieve significant social impact.
Circle of Friends envisions a world where people of all abilities give respect and kindness to one another and interact meaningfully within schools, workplaces, and communities.
- Honor Diversity While Celebrating our Commonality
- Cultivate Friendship and Emotional Intelligence
- Support Development of the Whole Child
- Presume Competence and Resilience in Others
- Build Advocacy through Empowerment