WHO ARE WE?
Circle of Friends is a school inclusion program for students of all ages that establishes an understanding and acceptance of differences on school campuses nationwide. Currently at Sunkist, our Circle of Friends consists of twenty seven 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students, 5 advisors and 2 para educators. We will be teaching our "Friendship Ambassadors" what it takes to be a good friend and how to take these skills to the playground during recess and into the classroom.
SUNKIST CIRCLE OF FRIENDS ADVISORS
Our mission is to promote inclusion for students living with adversity. We empower all students to appreciate differences, build genuine friendships, and stand up to bullying to achieve significant social impact.
Circle of Friends envisions a world where people of all abilities give respect and kindness to one another and interact meaningfully within schools, workplaces, and communities.
- Honor Diversity While Celebrating our Commonality
- Cultivate Friendship and Emotional Intelligence
- Support Development of the Whole Child
- Presume Competence and Resilience in Others
- Build Advocacy through Empowerment
What kinds of activities do we do at Circle of Friends?
- Field Trips
- Team Building Activities
- Fun Activities
- Monster Mash
- Mummy Wrap-up
- Snowman Glyphs
- 5 minute to win it games
- Weekly Friendship Challenges
- Skills of the Month
- Introducing yourself/Asking questions
- Listening with Attention
- How to apologize
- Personal space
- The Judgemental Flower
- Anger Management
- Topics on Friendship
- What is a friend?
- What makes a good friend?
- Would you rather have many friends or few close friends?